To serve you better, we've assembled a list of our residents' most frequently asked questions. If you don't find your answer here, feel free to contact us.

Frequently Asked Questions


When is City Hall open?

City Hall is open from 8am - 5pm daily.

Planning & Zoning

May I burn trash and leaves inside the city limits?

No, not at the current time due to dry conditions in our county.  Please contact city hall if you have any questions.

Municipal Court

How much is my ticket?

Refer to the Fine Schedule or see the instructions under Online Payment Options, noted above, in order to find your ticket online.  Some charges require a mandatory court appearance.  If your violation is NOT listed on the Fine Schedule, you MUST appear in court on the date & time listed on your ticket. 


When is payment due?

On or before the court date & time listed on your ticket.


What if my ticket doesn't appear online?

Continue to check.  It can take up to 10 days or more for tickets to be available online due to processing times.  Please wait at least 10 days  from the date your ticket was issued before you contact the Court.




Waynesville/Saint Robert Animal Shelter

How can I apply to adopt an animal?

You can either come see us at the Shelter and fill out an adoption application or you can download the application online at the City's website and either email it or drop it off to shelter staff.

If I put in an application, does that mean I get the animal?

No. Applications are evaluated on a first come first serve basis.   Also, the information detailed on the application plays an extremely important role in finding the best home for our animals.  Sometimes, even with our best efforts, it's just not a good fit between the adopter and the animal.  


Why does the Shelter only take in dogs?

The Waynesville/Saint Robert Animal Shelter is only equipped to handle dogs.  We do not have the facilities to house cats, properly.


Can I surrender cats to the Fort Leonard Wood Shelter?

Only if the cat was found on Fort Leonard Wood.


Does the Shelter take Owner Surrender animals?

The Shelter will take Owner Surrendered animals only there is space available and only under certain conditions:

  • The animal must be up to date on shots.  This includes dhpp, bbb and rabies.
  • The animal must test negative for Heartworms within 30 days of the surrender.
  • If the animal is not up to date on shots or does not have the required Heartworm negative test, an additional charge will be added to the surrender fee in order to test the animal for Heartworms.  If the animal is found to be heartworm positive,  the Shelter will not take the animal and the Owner will be responsible for payment of the test. 

Does the Shelter offer low cost spay and neuter clinics?

Unfortunately we do not, at this time.

Does the Shelter offer vaccinations?

Yes.  Currently the Shelter offers both dhpp and bbb.  We are also equipped to administer tests for Heartworm and provide flea and tick treatment.  We cannot however, give rabies vaccinations.

Does the Shelter provide dog food to families in emergency situations?

Yes.  As long as the Shelter is well stocked with food, we will absolutley help those in emergency situations.  Keep in mind that we cannot supply dog food on a continual basis.

Are you accepting Volunteer Applications?

Yes!  We can always use help at our shelters!

What are the requirements for a Volunteer?

Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age or be accompanied by a parent.

Can I reserve a time for a group of Volunteers to come help at the Shelter?

Of course!  Please keep groups to 10 or less.  Groups can schedule a time Monday thru Saturday from 8am to 5pm, when the Shelter is open.

Group Volunteers may also help on Sundays mornings from 8am to 10am or in the afternoon from 3pm to 5pm.

How do I report Animal Abuse?

If you suspect animal cruelty or neglect of any kind call the Waynesville Police Department at 573.774.2414.  Please do not contact the shelter directly.  The Police Department will dispatch the proper authorities to investigate your call.  

Animal Control Officers can only investigate cases that are within the boundaries of Waynesville and Saint Robert.  For all other cases, you can either contact the Pulaski County Sheriff's department, or the Humane Society of Missouri's Animal Cruelty Task Force.  You can find contact information for both agencies, below.